Monday, April 16, 2007

It's a lazy kind of day

It's my day off today. I love days off...especially when I have nothing pressing that needs to get done. There are a ton of things I could get done, ie: go shopping for an outfit for all the May weddings I am going to, or organize all kinds of things in my house. But, no, today I am allowing myself to be lazy.

I have spent pretty much the entire day in bed, not neccessarily sleeping, but reading or wasting copious amounts of time on websites like Facebook and Myspace. Speaking of Facebook, I don't really like it, but I have reconnected with so many childhood friends from Coaldale that I am now thoroughly addicted. It's a dangerous game, that Facebook is.

I need to talk about this book that I've been reading over that last few days. Justin and I went to a Christian bookstore on Friday and found a book call "Questions Worth Asking Before the Ring". We bought it because it had cartoons in it and it looked funny. A lot of it is just common sense and I wouldn't have dreamed of telling everybody that we actually bought a book like this, but it's really made me think a lot about my role in our relationship, and I think that Satan is starting to have a heyday with me over it. This book just goes through major issues that arise in relationships and what to watch out for, trends, personality traits and habits that people have that should make us stop and think before meeting this person at the altar. And I've concluded that I am a terrible girlfriend. The thing is, I don't actually think that I am, but this book highlights a lot of things that I think I do wrong. I'm selfish, childish sometimes, I'm in a hurry to get married, I get concerned when Justin wants time alone that I have done something wrong, I am insecure and the list goes on. Stupid book! What's wrong with me? I'm supposed to be mature, after all I am the older one in this relationship. But with every chapter I read, I find things that I am doing wrong and find myself thinking that Justin is perfect and why is dating me? I suck. There's nothing like a good relationship book to point out every failure in your life and show you what to work on. This all sounds so very negative and while a lot of it really does bother me, I like knowing that there are things that I need to work on. I need to learn to let him go a little, I need to not be selfish of him and I need to spend more time with my girlfriends. I need to work on being joyful even when life sucks, I need to not play childish games when I get mad at him. It gives me a project. Me. And I'm always a good project. Anyways.

I'm going to get back to being lazy now.

Here's a picture to leave you all with, for no other reason than the fact that I like pictures on blogs:


This is us having a very physical Easter egg hunt. It was amusing for those watching.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe,

I know you know that you're not a terrible girlfriend at all. Just when you say it in a blog, then I have to correct it. I just think the world of blogger-readers should be jealous that you're MY girl. Cause you are fabulous to me.

Love your lucky boyfriend,

Justin

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana! So reading your blog makes me think that Im a terrible wife!! Dave and I hardly ever see our friends...we dont really want to. We (right now) would rather stay at home together. I feel all those things that you are feeling too. It doesnt stop after your married and it doesnt have to stop before your married either. (contrary to what others might say) relationships are work. Daily work, hard work, and you never get a break. If your any kind of girlfriend as you are friend then I know that your a good one!! Have a little faith in yourself!
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to add that I didnt mean that you should rush to the alter with a bunch of problems on your plate. Just that no relationship is perfect and work all the time whether your talking marriage or not.
Mandy

jenivere said...

Well, I don't know whether you're a good girlfriend or not...but I DO know that you need a new post here:)