Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if my life were a novel. Sometimes I think it is.
I've been reading a ton this summer. I devour books. As I was reading a book from the church library it suddenly struck me how alike my life is to a novel yet how different it is at the same time. One character said to another in one book, "I'm going to marry you, you know." And I thought, "no, sir, you do not know that. the only reason you say that is because the author made you say that. you can be so certain of that only because you are a character in a novel, someone else is in control of what happens to you."
Someone once told me that he was going to marry me. Turns out he was wrong. Did the Author make him say it? I doubt it. The thing is, stuff doesn't end up quite as neat and tidy as it does in books. None of us knows anything for sure. The only one who does is the Author and He ain't tellin'.
I wish I could read ahead in the novel of my life. It's hard sometimes to trust the Author that He's really got it all under control.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
My life is a novel?
Posted by Dana at 4:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
sometimes i'm convinced that i'm living in a movie. one of those romantic comedies, where the person i'm to be with is right under my nose, everyone knows it, but i'm oblivious and proceed to do those things that make the audience groan, or say things like "what is she thinking". things that i yell at the movie screen...
Post a Comment