I'm going to guess that I was around 10 or 11 when this one happened.
We came home from church one Sunday morning and as we climbed out of the van my dad asked if someone could go to the barn to get WD40, which he needed for the toaster (WTH do you use WD40 on a toaster for? it should have been our first clue). My sister and I refused because we were wearing dresses, so my brother grudgingly went. A minute later he came running out of the barn screaming (like a little girl, might I add) that there was a dirtbike in the barn. We all ran in, my parents grinning at our delight, and sure enough, there, in the middle of the barn, was a gorgeous, red Kawasaki 80. It was the best dirtbike we'd ever seen and we spent hours ripping around on it.
After that I would come home from church ever Sunday and hope that my dad would send me to the barn for something and I would find my dream horse waiting for me inside.
That never happened.
Moral of the story, kids? Don't sit around waiting for your parents to buy you a horse.
(But still enjoy the dirtbike they got you instead)
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Stories from my Childhood III
Posted by Dana at 11:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Post a Comment