Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Let Me Tell You...

Let me tell you about some of the things that happened today....

...a student very kindly asked me how I was doing this morning and tears rushed to my eyes astonishingly quickly as I tried to explain that I was a little bit tired.

...I found myself wondering if the student sitting across from me in my office could see that my eyes were completely glazed over and that I was really struggling to focus on what he was saying.

...my phone rang this afternoon and I whispered "no" and it stopped ringing.

...I was in the middle of writing an email and I closed my eyes and they stayed that way longer than they should have.

...I knew I needed to leave when I reached the point where hearing one more student ask if I was in my office was going to bring me to tears.

Two more days, friends. Two more days. Then I sleep. I'm tired. I'm happy, and thrilled to be doing what I'm doing, but I'm tired.

0 comments: