Saturday, November 17, 2012
I do
I turned 28 yesterday. 28. Feels like an age I should have my act together by, yes? I'm choosing to start recognizing the ways I do and not focus on the ways I don't. It's hard for me. Even as I say to myself, "I think I like who I am becoming" I can hear the "buts" clawing their way to the surface. "But I need to work out more." "But I need to be dating someone." "But I need to go to church more."
I bully myself. Did you know that was possible? It is. I've been doing it for years and only recently did someone call it what it is: abuse.
So this year I'm going to stop bullying myself. I'm going to focus on liking who I'm becoming, who I am. Because you know what? I do.
Posted by Dana at 10:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment