Wednesday, July 12, 2006

At Last

I have been told that I don't post blogs often enough. Do I post less often than others? Perhaps. But the thing is, my life really isn't that interesting! Everybody always has interesting, funny stories to tell in their blogs. Me? Nothing funny or interesting happening really. But if an update is what you want, then an update is what you will get. (This is for you Tiff. Don't blame me if you get bored).
The last couple of weeks have bee fairly quiet. Just working and hanging out with friends. Actually, working has been nice because we have AIR CONDITIONING. I love AIR CONDITIONING. (I'm thinking that by putting AIR CONDITIONING in capital letters, you will truly understand how I feel about it). I love it. Mostly because I don't have it at home and it is hot. Very, very hot. I spend a lot of time at friends houses who have AIR CONDITIONING. (Don't worry guys, I'm not using you, I love being at your houses). So work has been great. Also, I should be getting full-time soon which means I get to spend 37.5 hours a week in AIR CONDITIONING.
Friends have been great as well. I spent the July long weekend at Alicia's cabin with some of her family (and her of course). We had a fabulous time. We hung out, read books, played games, went to church in the boat (seriously, lake-side church is an experience!) and generally relaxed. It was great. Then last weekend Alicia invited 8 of our other friends out there for the weekend and I joined them on Saturday after work. We had a good time of hanging out, playing games, lounging/napping/conversing in the conversation pit and again, just generally relaxing (with some other drama moments thrown in). So overall, a fabulous couple of weekends.
I've had the last couple days off and they have been productive. Yesterday I cleaned my entire house, which, while it was hot, sweaty work without AIR CONDITIONING, felt great to finally live in a clean place again. And then I got to hang out with friends who I don't see nearly often enough. Today I worked on my sunburn. Unfortunately I got ridiculous tan lines after my kayaking excursion with Heather in BC and I need to even them out before my roommate's wedding next month. So I was outside for a good hour and a half. Behind our house is a ditch/canal/whatever filled with water with grassy banks and that is where I parked myself. Except as soon as I laid down I immediately saw things crawling in the grass. I hate bugs. I am not much of a girly girl, but I do detest creepy crawlies. So I spent my hour and a half trying to convince myself that whatever was crawling in the grass was not ticks and that if I left them alone, they would leave me alone. And they did for the most part. I also got to watch the baby ducks! All of the sudden this whole passel of baby ducks came waddling up the bank towards me. I watched them come closer and closer and began to get concerned that the mama would get mad at me for being there, even though I clearly was there first. So I calmly stood up and slipped on my sandals so I could make a run for it if she got really mad (in my mind I just kept seeing Kev being attacked by that loon at the lake, and decided I didn't want a similar experience). But the duckies turned and waddled away, chattering amongst themselves all the while. Too cute for real life. So that was my suntanning experience. I came in slightly pink. Hopefully it won't be too bad, and it will even out those lines. Everyone, start praying now.
In other news, I got a job today. Staples called back and offered me a job, without having the third interview. Woot. So I start sometime next week. Which is good because I got my Visa bill today and nearly had a heart attack.
So all in all it's been a productive few days. I hope everyone has enjoyed this update. I am coming to realize that there are people reading my blogs who I didn't know were reading my blogs, which is great! Please leave comments so I know you are interested in what I'm writing. Sweet.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blogging!You made my day! I also love AIR CONDITIONING and wish I had it at home!