Thursday, June 29, 2006

Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad

I had an interesting day at work today. It was pick-on-Dana day apparently. First, I was looking at our loans officers calendars to see what their days looked like and I noticed that Kevin had an appointment booked at 5 with Matt Dusk for a mortgage. I sat there and looked at it and just thought...no it couldn't be Matt Dusk the singer. So I decided I would just go ask, just to make sure. Well Kevin was on the phone, so I asked Grant. And Grant confirmed that, yes, it was Matt Dusk the singer and he had decided that since he had so many concerts in Winnipeg all the time that he would just buy a house here. I got really excited. Like, I mean excited. I got that nervous/excited feeling in my stomach and I was EXCITED. I also jokingly (well mostly jokingly) said that I was going to go home and get his CD so he could sign it for me. No, I wouldn't have actually gotten his autograph. At least I don't think so. Anyways, after all this excitement, Grant told me he was lying to me. Ass. No Matt Dusk for me.
So then there was the flower fiasco. My co-worker Erin got a dozen roses from her boyfriend yesterday (lucky girl, it happens about once a month). So we were all fighting about who got to enjoy them at their own desk. Isabel won for a while and had the flowers on her desk. All the members were asking about the beautiful flowers an Isabel lied to every single one. She told them it was her birthday, her anniversary, totally lied and passed them off as her own. We all had a good laugh until Erin stole her flowers back. Crap. So Isabel comes back from her lunch break with two dozen white long stem roses, which she gave to me! So I put them on my desk and enjoyed everyone's compliments on them. Except Isabel kept lying to them for me! She told them it was my birthday, that it was my grad anniversary, all kinds of things. One lady commented on them, and Isabel said they were from my boyfriend. "Oh wow" the lady said, "you must be very loved." And I just smiled. By then end of the day Isabel was telling people that these roses were from my second boyfriend. Apprently I had just gotten a second boyfriend and he was sending me flowers so I would pick him over my other boyfriend. She was lying out of her teeth! So I started the day today as a single woman and finished it as a woman with two dozen roses and two boyfriends. Sweet.

2 comments:

heather said...

matt dusk only has one good song anyway, and bono wrote it. that is all.

Dana said...

This is true. But a famous person in my branch is a famous person in my branch. Besides, he's cute. But he didn't come in anyway.