Wednesday, January 31, 2007

They Say

They say "practice what you preach"
But how do you practice trust?

They say "faith heals all"
But how do you hang onto faith when things seem to be slipping away?

They say "love happens when you least expect it"
But once you stop expecting it to come, how do you expect it to stay when it arrives?

They say that "to be loved you must love yourself first",
But how do you put aside your fears and insecurities when you've allowed yourself to become vulnerable to someone else?

They say "there is nothing to fear but fear itself"
But how do you stop being afraid of a broken heart and shattered dreams?

They say that "great love comes with great risk"
But how do you convince your heart that the potential of huge reward is greater than the possibility of losing it all?

For these questions I have no answers
I have only a quiet voice in my heart saying,

"Be still and know, that I am God,
I am the Lord that healeth thee"

So I try to remain here with my hands open and say,

"In thee, O Lord, I put my trust."

0 comments: