
Everyone, I would like you to meet my brand new nephew, Caleb Scott Petker. He was born on June 5, 2006 at 9:34 BC time, weighing in at 7 lb, 6 oz and just about 21 inches long. Everyone is happy and healthy from what I have heard and the entire family is ecstatic. I talked to my mom last night and she was nearly turned inside out with delight. I think even my dad teared up at the news. I know I sure did.
I can't believe that my brother is a daddy. The thought brings tears to my eyes. Good tears. Happy tears. Very proud tears. You have no idea how hard it is to not be there. When Darren called to tell me, I mean, I could tell him that I loved him and Judi, but it's just not the same as being there with them and sharing in their joy. My parents are already on their way out there...in fact they should be nearly there. What I wouldn't give to be able to see my mom and dad's faces the first time they hold their first grandchild. Oh gosh...the tears.
Anyways, I just wanted to share my joy with everyone. I get to go and snuggle him in 2 weeks and I just can't wait. Now I need to go find him lots of cute baby clothes, hopefully of the John Deere and Calgary Flames variety...
WOOHOO I'M AN AUNTIE!!!!!
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Picture Perfect
Posted by Dana at 7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment