We live in a messed up world. Terrorist plots in Toronto, bird flu pandemics, murderers and rapists being set free every day despite their likelihood to re-offend...Shalom is a non-existent fantasy these days it seems.
One of our branches was robbed last week. I didn't hear about it until yesterday when it was reported that the same guy appeared in another of our branches yesterday. He left without incident, but shortly thereafter another bank in the near vicinity was hit. There were two other bank robberies in Winnipeg within two hours of that first one. The last one was violent. The guy was on the counter, waving a knife and demanding money. Those are not the kind of robberies you want(not that you ever want any kind of robbery), they are very traumatic. Anyways, makes me fearful. I've fortunately never experienced a robbery, but in my line of work, it's not a matter of "if", it's "when". So, prayers for safety are always appreciated.
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
The Sound of Fear
Posted by Dana at 11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
These are the things that I don't need to worry about. Our elevators on the first & second floors require security clearance to get on.
But anyway, you know that I'm always ready and willing to pray for ya. After all, if roommates didn't do that... well what kind of roommates would they be?
crappy ones.
Post a Comment