Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lap of Luxury

I got a new job, I got a new job, I got a new job hey hey hey hey! (That was supposed to be a song in case you didn't catch on). Anyways, yes, after my brief stint at Staples which ended in me unceremoniously telling them to shove it, I have again been unemployed. Well, as unemployed as one can be while still having a full-time job. But anyways, after the wedding madness and moving fiasco was over, I again headed out with a handful of resumes and spent an entire day re-writing my resume onto various business application forms. Seriously, what is the freaking point of having a resume if you just have to put the same information down all over again onto a stupid application form. Anyways, I came home at the end of the day after handing out 15 resumes and getting one interview. This all was very interesting because I did this just after I had moved and MTS screwed up my phone service and no one could actually call me for an interview. I'm mildly curious about how many places tried to call me. Anyways, my interview was at Red Lobster and I am now employed by them as a server. I am very excited about this. It seems like a great place to work, with mostly friendly people who actually value customer service. I am excited. I had my first shift yesterday and I was training in the bar. I was a bartender for 2 years, so this wasn't overly difficult, but it's always a challenge to get to know another bar setup (especially since my bar was set up exactly how I wanted it and I didn't even have to look down to know which alcohol I was picking up). But over all it wasn't too bad. I do however realize how much I have to learn. Watching the servers run around was intimidating because that will be me next week and I am scared. Very very scared. But excited too. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

heather said...

heck yes! i think i'm actually going to be able to comment! stupid blogger beta, wrecking everything.

hey, congrats on the new job, I hope it works out really well. if not, you can bartend for me anytime. ANYTIME.

move to bc. honestly.

i love you.

Michael LaRoy said...

I hate those freaking application forms! If I were them, I'd much rather read your resume, because chances are it's typed and who knows how sloppy people's handwriting is! Gosh!