Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How safe do you feel?

Ok, so last night I was reading a friend's blog (click on the link to Michelle's blog on the right hand side of my page and check out her post called "what will they think of next"...I can't figure out how to get the link in here) and she was lamenting about how people are polluting the environment and other people's lungs by smoking. She laughed at the ludicrous (sp?) plan of some people to "save the earth" by riding their bikes everywhere but still proceeding to pollute the air with their cigarette smoke. I think this is a valid frustration. However, there are things in this world that concern me more. Such as the man who walked into an Amish schoolhouse and killed 6 little girls and himself and shattered the peaceful existence of an entire community. Or the 7 children (under the age of 12) in my city who locked a 14 year old disabled boy into a wooden shed and lit it on fire. Or the old man who comes into my work all the time who got his face smashed in by a gun-brandishing criminal who wanted to rob the place. Or the senseless idiot who jumped on my roommate's car window last week just to cause damage.
Am I concerned that some kid is riding his bike down the street smoking a cigarette? Yeah, but somehow I'm more relieved that he's not riding his bike down the street with a bomb strapped to his chest...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

rock on sister!